Bookish Blerd

Review: Alexander X: Battle for Forever

Alexander X: Battle for Forever - Edward Savio

So, Wil Wheaton as the narrator was the biggest selling point for me.  He's just excellent, and I feel like he only picks good projects.  Not to say that the description wasn't enticing, because, obviously it was the other selling point.

This was a fun adventure that kept me interested throughout.  I made it through the audibook in one sitting, not counting interruptions from the hubby and kids.  It puts a fun spin on history which actually hits a little too close to home because the people making the history are never the ones writing it, as they're too busy in the midst of it.  The people who do write it, never quite get it right, do they?

I love the idea of the immortals, the genetic defect that gives some humans ridiculously long lives and the idea that the longer you live, the more power you gain (knowledge and experience is power).  And there are always going to be those that use those powers for evil.

Alexander, a 1500-year-old teenager, his best friend and his crush are now charged with stopping one immortal's quest to basically end the world as we know it.  As I said, this was a fun read (listen) and I cannot wait to get to the next book!

Obsidio
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Martin Shaw
Progress: 687/889minutes
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
Francesca Lia Block, George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Max
Progress: 31/640pages