Bookish Blerd

Wine & Books

First, thank you everyone for allowing me to vent and for all the of well wishes.  I love my booklikes crew so much! You are all so welcoming and just awesome in general and I am so glad I found my way here from the shitshow that is goodreads.  As soon as I have a definitive update about Bubbe I will share.

So February is a big month for me. It's my bestie's birthday, my (11-year-old) puppy's birthday, my birthday, Valentine's Day, my 27th anniversary with my hubby (not wedding, just years as a couple) and my late father's birthday.  This weekend hubby and I and got a hotel room to have some alone time, we had brecky at one of our favorite places and then came to our favorite  winery.

They now sell beanies, which, in case you didn't know is my favorite hat ever and I found a BEAUTIFUL book on wines.  I think I mentioned a few months ago that my new job is at a State Store. My goal is to eventual become a wine specialist and this book is not only gorgeous, but it will help me learn more about wine.  So I got a beanie and a new book on my early birthday/Valentine's Day/Anniversary celebration.

Obsidio
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Martin Shaw
Progress: 687/889minutes
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
Francesca Lia Block, George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Max
Progress: 31/640pages