Bookish Blerd

Review: The Mating Game, Omega Auction, Book 3

The Mating Game - Kian Rhodes, Alexander Collins

The stories and packs continue to intertwine within this series.

The omega auction is a hot mess and I can't understand why it hasn't been shut down, but the we'd have no shifter drama!  In this we have Kenny who had spent the last four years being adored and spoiled by his alpha.  They have several children and another on the way when suddenly Kenny's alpha arranges for him to be sent to the auction, pregnancy be damned.

Of course this wasn't actually the case.  There was backstabbing, betrayals, lies and a bitter jealous contracted bond mate behind it all.  It takes some convincing from Collin, his alpha, to convince Kenny that he is loved and wanted.  But if he does return home, it will leave Drey, the alpha who purchased him at auction, without an omega.  F.ortunately for the couple, Drey ships it

There is so much going on in these stories, I applaud the author for keeping it all straight, weaving it between all the different story lines, and not losing the actual story.  I have been listening to these audio novellas on my commute to/from work and on breaks and I have been enjoying them.  Looking forward to the next twist in the story.

The Stone Sky (The Broken Earth)
N.K. Jemisin
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Martin Shaw
Progress: 687/889minutes
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
Francesca Lia Block, George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Max
Progress: 31/640pages