Bookish Blerd

Feets are Free!

So I saw my doctor for what will be the final time (as long as I don't injure myself again). He says the metatarsals are healing nicely, they are lined up as the should be. The pain is just fron where the break is, and the fact that the healing process takes longer than the 6-8 weeks it takes for the bones to mend.

He's not as happy with the ankle. It is mending and lined up where it should be, but because he couldn't put me in a boot for that one (because the right foot was in a boot) it's taking longer than he would have liked.  But it is mending and therr is no need for further visits... Until it's time to get surgery on my other foot, but that is some years down the line.

So all is well, it's just a waiting game.  Thanks to everyone who has taken this sadly ridiculous journey with me.  I am doing my best to curb my clumsiness if only to ease my daughter's anxiety, lol!  Now I can't wait until I'm healed enough for a pedicure!

Heart-Shaped Box
A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Mark Forsyth
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian