Bookish Blerd

Review: Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto: Volume 1

Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto Vol. 1 - Sano Nami

Excellent!  It's just like the anime.  Sakamoto is this ridiculous character that everyone either loves or hates.  He's great a literally everything.  So much so that even the people who hate him for it, eventually begin to fawn over him like the people who love him.

We literally know nothing about him other than the fact that he's awesome.  He's never caught unawares, people who try to prank him end up having it turned around on them, he knows the answers in class, he helps people.... It just...he's absolutely ridiculous, larger-than-life.  The whole thing is just hilarious. I'm glad I got the manga.  There are little editions that aren't in the anime.  Little comments and actions that basically expand on the anime.

I think this review sounds ridiculous, and it probably does, but in my defense, I'm at hour 21 of a 24-hour readathon and I think I'm bordering on delirious.  Plus the whole thing is just insanely funny.  I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next volume.

A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Mark Forsyth
The Jungle Book
Rudyard Kipling
Watchers
Dean Koontz
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian