Bookish Blerd

Review: The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead - John Bolton, Mark Verheiden

So, didn't love it as much as I thought I would. This was a no-quite-accurate telling of the original Evil Dead movie. There were added/expanded scenes, which were good, but they changed a bit of the continuity of the original story, which wasn't good. The made all the girls look like they were dressed in modern-day (circa 2008) clothing, when the original story was filmed in the late 70s. Also, they made Cheryl some rando friend of Linda's rather than Ash's younger sister. There was some added backstory, which was kind of interesting and they expanded some scenes, for example Scott ditching Ash and Linda to find another way out of the woods. They actually show a bit of his trek through the woods, which was cool.

All-in-all it was closer to the meh side of good rather than the awesome side of good. Not a complete disaster, but it could have been better.

A Ruin Of Shadows
Lewis Carroll
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Maxwell Hart, Richard Ch
Progress: 31/640pages