Bookish Blerd

Review: Army Of Darkness: Omnibus, Volume 1

Army of Darkness Omnibus Volume 1 - Robert Place Napton, Nick Bradshaw, Andy Hartnell, Ivan Raimi, Sam Raimi, James Kuhoric, Kevin Sharpe, Robert Kirkman, John Bolton, Sanford Greene

This was a beast!  It's broken into five sections and each one tells the story of Ash's shenanigans with the Necronomicon, deadites, Evil Ash and time travel.

This has been a treat to read!  It is full of time travel, Ash goobering up his one task to destroy the book over and over, fighting and endless deadite army, and multiple Evil Ashes.  He saves the girl, loses the girl, ends up in the wrong time, travels backwards and forwards in time, gets sucked into a computer game and fights the evil digital version of himself and deadite soldiers.  He travels back to the cabin where it all started, picks up [and loses] new allies, destroys the book on multiple occasions and still the Necronomicon finds a way back into his life every time.

The stories are amazing and the artwork is is phenomenal.  Part of what took me so long to finish it was me staring at the art.  Each section is done by different writers and illustrators, so that makes it that much more eye-grabbing noticing the differences in writing and art styles.  It's a must read for anyone who is a fan of Ash Williams and the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness series.

A Ruin Of Shadows
Lewis Carroll
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Maxwell Hart, Richard Ch
Progress: 31/640 pages
A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Mark Forsyth
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian