Bookish Blerd

I'm a Special Kind of Klutz

So... I'll start with the positive. I didn't do any damage to the area where I had the surgery. The doctor said it's likely because I still walk in a way that is protective of the area.

On the surgey foot, you know the side I broke the ankle on while my foot was still healing. The side that just came out of the boot.  I'm back in a boot. I managed to break three metatarsals. Yeah I'm just that clumsy. As for the right side, I managed to chip off some bone on my ankle, which is exactly what I did to the left side 2 months ago.  But because of balance issues--which really need to be taken into account when dealing with the queen of klutz--he can only put one boot on me at a time.  The toes are thee bones vs the one ankle, so I just get a snazzy ace bandage for the broken ankle.

Elevate, ice, repeat. And basically don't go anywhere. I am fairly certain I'm never leaving the house again.

Thanks to everyone for the positive vibes. I have another 6 weeks of being a burden to everyone in my household.  And yes that is depressed me feeling sorry for herself.  I'm in a crapton of pain--physical and emotional--so I figure I'm allowed to wallow a bit.

A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Watchers
Dean Koontz
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian