Bookish Blerd

Updates and Issues

So I've done a little updating to my room & shelves.  Got a new cover for the chair since the cats won't stay out of it, and I got some socks for the legs and my desk legs.  They're cat peet!  ...I mean feet, we say everything weird in my family.  But are they not the cutest?!

And my hubby & kids spoiled me with some Funkos this year.  My ranger collection is finally complete, and Lilo finally has her stitch.

So while trying to find another program to use for organizing my library, I decided to go through my library on LibraryThing by tags and author just to make sure things were tagged and categorized properly and to make sure I had the right version of the book listed, etc.  Well I found quite a few books in the wrong category and tagged wrong, but worse that that, there were a crap-ton missing.  I don't know if they were missing from my Goodreads library when I transferred it over, or if they went missing during the transfer, or if the site is glitchy or some combination of all of it.  Either way I'm a little irritated.  I feel like I have to find an app that I can used to scan the bar codes and go through all my shelves book by book.  Not to mention all of my ebooks.  *sigh*

I feel like LibraryThing is unreliable now.  I'm still going to use it, but I have to find something else in order to keep track of my library.  And I tried libib but that didn't even transfer over my entire library, and what it did transfer over wasn't always correct.  Maybe if I delete the whole thing and just scan the books individually using the libib app it will work better.  I don't know, I'm frustrated and no matter what I do it will be ridiculously time consuming.  I cringe to think of how jacked up my booklikes library actually is.

Anyone have similar issues?  Advice?  Suggestions?  Just wanna commiserate with me?

A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Mark Forsyth
The Jungle Book
Rudyard Kipling
Watchers
Dean Koontz
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian