Bookish Blerd

Surgery Update: Take 2

[I think I fixed it so the whole post will show up now]

Everything went really well. They only sedated me with a 'twilight' so I woke up twice during the procedure. The first time I was fine, then gave me more and I knocked back out. They second time, I could hear what was going on and I started to panic. My heart rate elevated and the nurse had to ask if I was all right to which I replied, "I think I'm starting to panic," so they gave me more meds. The next time I woke I was in recovery. If you've ever been under sedation, you know how weird it can make you feel. I was extra emotional. I was near to tears because I wanted to see my hubby who is driving home from Massachusetts. The snow is so bad that he won't make it home until tomorrow.  But I'd rather him take longer and get home safe. But I got to see my oldest daughter's lovely face (which is my face, lol) so that helped.

I'm home resting now. My kids are taking care of me. I'm still numb, so there's no pain yet, but I've got meds to keep it in check. I have crutches and can put a tiny bit of weight on my heel, they basically told me to stay home and relax all weekend (which I had already planned.) I go for a post-op appointment next week so I can give an update on my healing is progressing then. I just can't wait to have no pain when I walk! And I have some awesome new books (and chocolate) to keep me busy while I recover.

A Ruin Of Shadows
Lewis Carroll
A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Mark Forsyth
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian