Virago77

Bookish Blerd

I'm a book buying junkie who buys books faster than I can read them. But what better way is there to live than surrounded by books?! I read as much as I can and I do my best to give good reviews.

A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Mark Forsyth
Bitter Sweet Love (Michael Faudet)
Michael Faudet
The Jungle Book
Rudyard Kipling
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian

Happy-Sad-Mad

So, I've been having issues with the new job.  One manager in particular, whom everyone in the place hates, has been giving me trouble with my schedule.  Now I found out I have to resign.  I have to have surgery on my foot and because I haven't passed my probationary period, they cannot approve a leave of absence.  Because of the reason for my resignation, I will be able to reapply once I'm ready to go back to work.

So happy because I'll finally get my foot taken care of, I'll be home for Christmas, and I don't have to deal with this manager during the worst time of year for me. (Not a fan of Christmas and I suffer from seasonal depression.)  Sad, because other than a few things, I kinda liked the job (and I'll miss the paycheck for the 6-weeks I'll be out.)  Mad because I still have to deal with the scheduling issues for the weeks I have left.  And if I can't get them resolved, I won't be leaving on good terms, and I won't be able to reapply.

UGH!

Oh well, not gonna stress.  What happens, happens and I'll just keep it moving.