Bookish Blerd

Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon is this Saturday, and sadly, I have to work an 8-hour shift (that's what I get for rejoining the workforce), and afterwards, I'm taking my kid out for an early birthday dinner.  The October readathon falls on or around her birthday every year, and usually it's not an issue.  My kid always wants me to enjoy the readathon--I'm lucky, I know.

I'm sad because this is the first time since I started participating that I won't be able to do participate from start to finish.  But I have a plan.  I will do some reading Friday night, I'll listen to an audiobook while I get ready for work and during the commute.  I'll also listen during my break.  I'll take a book to dinner (I did the same thing last year) and when we get home I'll read until the end of the readathon (hopefully).  I may need a power nap somewhere in there, but I will get a good bit of reading in!

...Now to figure out my TBR list.  Anyone who's interested, should check out the site; it's not too late to sign-up.

A Ruin Of Shadows
Lewis Carroll
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Maxwell Hart, Richard Ch
Progress: 31/640 pages
A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Mark Forsyth
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian