Virago77

Bookish Blerd

I'm a book buying junkie who buys books faster than I can read them. But what better way is there to live than surrounded by books?! I read as much as I can and I do my best to give good reviews.

A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Mark Forsyth
The Jungle Book
Rudyard Kipling
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian

Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon is this Saturday, and sadly, I have to work an 8-hour shift (that's what I get for rejoining the workforce), and afterwards, I'm taking my kid out for an early birthday dinner.  The October readathon falls on or around her birthday every year, and usually it's not an issue.  My kid always wants me to enjoy the readathon--I'm lucky, I know.

I'm sad because this is the first time since I started participating that I won't be able to do participate from start to finish.  But I have a plan.  I will do some reading Friday night, I'll listen to an audiobook while I get ready for work and during the commute.  I'll also listen during my break.  I'll take a book to dinner (I did the same thing last year) and when we get home I'll read until the end of the readathon (hopefully).  I may need a power nap somewhere in there, but I will get a good bit of reading in!

...Now to figure out my TBR list.  Anyone who's interested, should check out the site; it's not too late to sign-up.