Bookish Blerd

Second Favorite Month...

So October is my second favorite month for a couple of reasons.  One being Halloween, my favorite holiday.  Another being Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon (which is celebrating it's 10th anniversary this year.)  My wedding anniversary is this month.  And most importantly, it's the month my first born decided to make her entrance into the world.

Today is Halloween 1st--I mean, October--no, no, Halloween 1st.  I'm in bed with the worst allergy attack ever.  I've got a killer sinus headache and--just how much mucus can a single head hold?!  I'm going to miss my first knitting circle because I feel so bad.  I'm freaking out because I'm about to re-enter the work force for the first time in nearly four years, And I've decided RETAIL was a good idea.  And my hubby is about to leave for a 3-week work trip, missing our daughter's birthday and possibly our anniversary as well.

But you know what?  It's all good.

I'm in bed drinking my delicious Bilbo Baggins Breakfast Blend Tea (Thank you Melissa, it is sooooo good!)  It's October and there is already an abundance of orange everywhere.  I've got a readathon coming, and as nervous as I am, I'm excited about going back to work--I can't expect hubby to support my book habit forever, lol.

I've had a really crappy 11 months.  I lost my dad, I lost my cat, I nearly lost my favorite and only living grandparent.  My brother almost caught fire in my nephew's car, my kid got her first official job and lost it within a month (the store closed), and I've just been so stinking depressed on and off and it's just overwhelmed me.

No more.  I can't be miserable anymore.  My mood sets the tone for the entire household, so I gotta pull it together.  I've decided I'm gonna kick butt at this job, I'm gonna get rid of my writer's block and continue working on my novel.  I'm gonna watching horror movies all month, and maybe finish reading It or at least put more of a dent into it.  I plan to enjoy the heck out of the readathon, and celebrate my kid turning 23.  Hubby and I have the biggest surprise planned for the kids on the 31st--which I won't say just in case they see this blog.  And while I miss him for the 3-weeks he's gone, I'll have a new job to keep me busy and we can video chat.  And we've got another anniversary to celebrate in February--my favorite month.

I'm not usually positive when it comes to me, but I think it's a change I need to make.  My kid is starting to pick up my bad habits, and I can't have that.  Plus, it's so much work being upset.  I've let my depression get the best of me this year and I just don't want to be miserable anymore.

So Happy Halloween--I mean October, I hope everyone has a great month!

A Ruin Of Shadows
Lewis Carroll
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Maxwell Hart, Richard Ch
Progress: 31/640pages