Bookish Blerd

Review: This Book Is Full Of Spiders

This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It (Trade Paperback) - David Wong

I. Hate. This. Book.

Okay, not really, but the ending, which I won't spoil, was upsetting.

So let me tell you, this book was well and truly full of spiders.  Gross.  It made me shudder just reading about them!!!!  This sequel was all together creepier, and more serious than it's predecessor.  John Dies At The End, while creepy, and it had it's sad parts, was a lot lighter and more humorous.  Things in this book escalated quickly.  Stuff got serious within the first chapter or two.

It doesn't take away from the book at all.  This was equally good, and it was evident that things clearly had to get worse this time around.  John and Dave are thrown into save-the-world situations, again, only this time they get separated and have to work toward the same goals while apart.  It definitely made for some anxious moments and the reader routing for them to make their way back together.

There was still humor, and John and Dave's shenanigans will probably always be epic.  I am very much looking forward to the next installment!

A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Watchers
Dean Koontz
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian