Virago77

Bookish Blerd

I'm a book buying junkie who buys books faster than I can read them. But what better way is there to live than surrounded by books?! I read as much as I can and I do my best to give good reviews.

The Jungle Book
Rudyard Kipling
It: A Novel
Stephen King
Progress: 410/1168 pages
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian

Wordery Shenanigans Update

So after my scathing email with bullet points clearly detailing their incomeptence, they emailed me again.  They claim that my account--which they kept insisting I didn't have--and the payment method had different email adresses.  Now this is true; however, never in the history of ever has this been an issue with any other place I've ordered from.  I have a go-to email adress for when I create an account or sign-up for things, but my paypal account email adress is different.  They've never been confused or mistaken during the ordering process.  And I do a lot of my shopping online.  Anytime I can use paypal,  I do.

So what really happened was, they weren't actually reading my emails and when I threatened to give bad reviews AND report them, it set off some read flags and they finally decided to pay attention.  They claimed the remail corresponsence had gotten confused and blah, blah. But they've changed the email address for the order and FINALLY emailed me an order confirmation.  Which is funny because I never got confirmation to either address!  And then to add insult to injury, they offered me a 10% coupon code.  Depending on the book I used it for it would equate to maybe $1.00 plus change.  I told them to keep it because clearly, they needed it more than me.  I promised, after my book was received, that I would delete the account they kept telling me I didn't have and that they'd never get my money again.

When I went about leaving bad reviews, I saw that MANY people had the same or similar isses as me.  I did see that some people had no issues, but they were in the minority.  I advise all buyers to beware of Wordery.com!

I'll let everyone know if/when I get my book. It's not due for release until October 3rd.

Thanks for going in this journey with me!