Virago77

Bookish Blerd

I'm a book buying junkie who buys books faster than I can read them. But what better way is there to live than surrounded by books?! I read as much as I can and I do my best to give good reviews.

A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Mark Forsyth
The Jungle Book
Rudyard Kipling
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian

Irritated

After reading about my reluctance at buying from Amazon, someone suggested Wordery.com to me.  So of course I immediately checked it out, created an account, and added a bunch of books to my wishlist.  And last week, I saw that the pre-order for the next book in the John Dies At The End Series is available for a very good price.  Of course I ordered it!  I didn't print my receipt because I'm used to every other vendor sending a confirmation email detailing my order.

I didn't think about it for a few days, and then realized that I never got an email.  I go back through my emails thinking I must have just missed it, but no.  So I log into my account.  No records of any orders.  So then I think, maybe I thought about purchasing, but never did; I've been known to do that from time to time.  Just to be thorough, I checked my paypal account.  Low and behold, there's a charge from Wordery.

So I contact customer service explaining my dilemma.  I just got a return email telling me that they could not find any account under the email address I contacted them from.  They claim that customers are so quick to order due to their great prices that they often just buy as a guest.  WTF?!  First off, I don't know of any place that allows you to have a wishlist without first signing up for an account.  And even if I didn't have an account, why the hell did I have to sign-in using my email and password to get to my non-existent order information?!

I am SOOOOOO aggravated.  This is my first time dealing with this place, and odds are, it's my last.  I'm going to give them the chance to resolve this, but if push comes to shove, I'll go through paypal to get my refund and then I'll find my book elsewhere.

I think what pisses me off the most is that even if I didn't have an account, in my email to customer service, I submitted an order number and they didn't so much as mention it, the order, or where the heck my money went.  All they cared to tell me, was that I didn't have an account, which was incorrect.

Sorry, I just needed to vent.  I don't have gads of money to waste so I get really hot under the collar when people mess with my money...and my books!!  Updates to follow.