Bookish Blerd

Dry August...

— feeling happy

...haven't sat down to read or write this month.  There's a partial reason.

Since I'm new here, you wouldn't know that I lost my sweet kitty a few weeks back.  He was nearly 18 and it broke my heart to let him go.  So on a random Friday, my daughter and myself walked the dog in a completely different route because I needed to drop something into the mailbox.

Resized_20170811_140757

This little angel, found us and followed us all the way home.  He was so skinny--starving--and so thirsty that he could barely produce a meow.  Naturally I scooped him up, brought him inside and fed him.  After eating his fill, we gave him a bath and after he dried, a flea treatment.

20170811_12563920170811_125748

After he realized that he was safe, he passed out as only a kitten can.

Resized_20170811_144309Resized_20170811_143655

After the heartbreak of losing Paw-Paw, hubby and I both agreed we would not add to our furry family.  It was too hard and we still have a kitty and a dog who will break our hearts in the future.  But what were the odds that I would be walking that way, on that day, at that time with my daughter?!  Everyone kept saying it was fate, that someone sent him to us, that I was supposed to find him--well, he found us.  And after a lot of tears, hubby agreed that he would stay.

He's not mine per se.  My oldest daughter has claimed him and plans to take full financial and physical responsibility of him once she starts her job.  But we rescued him from certain death, just as we did for our Paw-Paw nearly 18 years ago.

It only took a day for him to get used to Chevy.

20170814_221138

He and Leeloo are taking a little longer, but they are making good progress.

20170813_131250

When he found Paw-Paw's favorite nap spot and adopted it as his own, I broke into tears.  Not quite ugly crying, but it was a near thing.  My sweet boy sent him to us!  It's the only thing that makes sense to me.  And I'm so happy.  He could never replace my Paw-Paw, but he's helping to mend my broken heart.

20170814_161436

He has his first vet appointment on Friday and as long as they don't tell us something is seriously wrong with him (which I doubt they will), he is now a part of our family.  Chevrolet Nova and Leeloo Dallas now have a new partner in crime.  I introduce to you, Korben Dallas.

20170813_180009

The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Martin Shaw
Progress: 687/889minutes
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
Francesca Lia Block, George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Max
Progress: 31/640pages