Bookish Blerd

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Stephen Fry, J.K. Rowling Finally got around to finishing this one. This my favorite book of the whole series. The shenanigans from the Ministry, Dumbledore being squirrelly, Snape being Snape, and poor Sirius wanting only to be there for Harry and being virtually helpless--it all made for fantastic listening/reading. Harry finding out that his father & friends were essentially bullies at one point in their young lives was the kicker. He almost lost all faith in his father just because he snooped in Snape's memories.

And losing Sirius... I'm not ashamed to say I cry everytime I read it. And Harry's anguish! He never really got to feel that for his parents. Having grown up without them, he could never really miss them, just the idea of them. While he and Sirius didn't have a lot of time togehter, it was enough for them to bond almost like father and son. I can understand his anguish, especially when he was thinking he caused it. And his reactions in Dumbledore's office...just beautifully written. I could feel Harry's pain.

Enough said. I love this book and it will always been my favorite.

A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Mark Forsyth
Blue Lily, Lily Blue
Maggie Stiefvater
Progress: 101/400 pages
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian