Bookish Blerd

Doctor Who: The Angel's Kiss - Melody Malone, Alex Kingston, BBC Worldwide Limited
This audiobook was perfect, made more perfect by the fact that it is narrated by Melody herself, Alex Kingston. I think to have had anyone else narrate this book would have been insulting. Who better to portray River, than the actor who made her the larger-than-life character we all love?!

This was a typical Doctor Who adventure, sans the Doctor. It's like a prequel to "The Angels Take Manhattan". This shows us River in her full Melody Malone persona. She is sexy and a bit naughty without going too over the top. She's funny and witty in a way that is exclusively River Song. The story if full of intrigue as we follow Melody on a case in which she tries to find out who is trying to kill an actor and stumbles into the kind of mess that usually only the Doctor falls into. She handles herself brilliantly, as always, and saves the day...until the next adventure.

I truly hope they do more of these; because I highly enjoyed this!

A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Mark Forsyth
Blue Lily, Lily Blue
Maggie Stiefvater
Progress: 101/400 pages
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian