Virago77

Bookish Blerd

I'm a book buying junkie who buys books faster than I can read them. But what better way is there to live than surrounded by books?! I read as much as I can and I do my best to give good reviews.

A Christmas Cornucopia: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Yuletide Traditions
Mark Forsyth
The Jungle Book
Rudyard Kipling
Twice Bitten
Crystal Green, Erica Orloff
Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin, #1)
Patrick O'Brian

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Stephen Fry, J.K. Rowling Stephen Fry hasn't disappointed yet! This book is so full of mystery--intrigue. Everyone is keeping secrets from Harry, and while they believe it's for his own good, it never is! They all praise him as the "Boy Who Lived" and then treat him with kid gloves. And in the end, it always does more harm than good, because he ALWAYS finds out! Harry usually finds out in the worst way and it's never the full story. Then he flies off half-cocked.

In the end he finds new allies, and while he's heart broken that they weren't able to clear Sirius, there's hope that they will eventually. And now he knows that someone that his parents loved and trusted is there behind the scenes looking out for him.

The sad part is that this is the end of that little bit of innocence the trio are clinging to. After this, it gets really dark and just gets worse and worse until the climax.